Sunday, January 3

Ringing In the New Year... With Art!

Like many of you, most of us were away during the holiday layover (except a core staff of customer service and production, whom deserve a big "thank you" for their dedication to our customers!). I'm sure we all celebrated this break in different ways; I spent mine going to galleries and museums. Along the way, I picked up a wide variety of artists to explore, but one that really struck me was Barry Moser.

To illustrators and engravers, Moser is probably not new, but to me his work was a revelation. He has illustrated some of my favorite books, like Melville's Moby Dick and Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. I found some editioned prints of his at the R.Michelson Gallery in Northampton, MA.

Here are a few small examples of his work:

No comments: