Thursday, January 14

Floral Inspiration

{images via the knot, floral verde, and our the top left and
bottom two by our personal favorite florist, Sprout}

Designing a new line of watercolor floral invitations and considering what the trends are for 2010 brought me to our neighborhood source for all that is hot in florals. Cathy Walsh over at Sprout gave me some great input for what her brides are looking for in bridal bouquets. This is the first inspiration board I put together to get me going for day 1. Whites, and nautrals mixed with contrasting darks and subtle silvers. I just love the Mocha Roses (top left) mixed in with the baby green hydrangea and tones of white, those chocolatey red berries or dark brown uluhe fern curls. One of Cathy's favs are the phalaenopsis orchids, which she says are "so sexy and modern". I have to agree. White or purple, the petals have such a thick and sparkly magic to them. I will start with these and continue posting more of Cathy's suggestions and tasty images that I find.

Funny, I found some imagery from Floral Verde and what do you know ...she entered Sprout's 50 dollar challenge! The top piece was created for a client and the bottom piece was inspried from it.

I just love the wild grassy and multiple textures going on. A great little piece of eye candy.

No comments: