Wednesday, July 1

Love

Thanks to Marc over at Wooster Collective, I came across this great video of Two Twelve, a graffiti artist based in Houston Texas, creating his piece titled Love. I'm always curious about the process of street art. It amazes me that these pieces are created spur-of-the-moment, in some of the hardest-to-get-to locations, at night sometimes, in the biggest cities in the world! I have a hard enough time completing a drawing in the privacy of my studio, at my leisure, never mind on the top of a water tower at 3am. CRAZY! And it's not like the work emanates this frenzied practice either, the pieces are often well thought-out, multi-dimensional, and showcase layers upon layers (never mind hours) of stencil-work and spray paint!

Just as impressive as the art itself, is the passion that artists, like Two Twelve, have for their craft! Graffiti artists around the world spend hours creating these stunning works, not knowing how long it will be before they get painted over, or covered up. It's definitely something to be admired. I really enjoyed watching this video...totally inspiring!

Love from two twelve on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Adoniram said...

Mmmm. Love the Wooster Collective. Great post - do you follow Streetsy too?