Sunday, June 21

Rain Rain.. Stick Around for a While

I have to admit, I like the rain in small doses. For the past day it has been raining and it's supposed to rain for the remainder of the week. That's enabled me to spend some time working on various art projects and in the progress of getting supplies at my local art store, I stumbled across this crazy in-home screen printing machine, the Yudu. I have NO idea how well this thing works, but it looks appealing to me for the following reasons:

1. It has this emulsified sheet instead of all of the various liquid components usually involved in screenprinting.
2. It's ridiculously compact.
3. It looks ... almost ... clean!

Now, I know that screenprinting without ending up completely covered in various goo is a crime against art, but for those apartment-dwellers out there who can't devote an entire wing of their house to their various creative misadventures, it might be a really awesome solution.

Once I started thinking about screenprinting, I inevitably had to troll Etsy for interesting screenprinted stuff, and found this totally absurd, wonderful linotype (with screenprinted colors) of the 2005 World Beard and Moustache Champion (what can I say, I'm a sucker for the absurd).

Just look at this. It is glorious.

1 comment:

Alita said...

Beards are a great way to start a Monday, thanks :)