Wednesday, June 17

Cause a Riot

{images via joie de vivre's hotel pheonix, fashion by alix malka @ chris boal artists, and ehow}

Today, the sun came out here in central Massachusetts. I think I am a little over-anxious for blissful summer days and parties by the pool. We all know the flowers and veggies need the rain, but there are graduation parties, cookouts, wedding fetés, and baseball games to be had. Black is a staple in my wardrobe, and I end up wearing it most days.

It takes certain palettes for me to react and get excited about, like clifftowns in Italy on the shore, or the facades of little villages all over Europe. The riot of color in these selected images make me feel brave and adventurous, ready to celebrate! I can't image painting my stairs bright orange with hot pink ballisters, but it seems to work here. On a good day, you never know what I may try. Here in New England we look to nature for color. Nature throws riotous colors of flowers into green backdrops of foliage, bringing the same philosophy into your everyday sounds "natural".

Enjoy the summer sun this weekend and punch up your parties, homes, and wardrobes with color and excitement!

No comments: